Pricing options & funding your claim

Paying for legal services at a time when things are perhaps going wrong at work, or if you have lost your job, is often a worrying prospect for clients. We offer a range of payment options to give you as much choice as we can. In the list below, we also point you to some alternative funding options which you can consider.

cups of coffee
Hourly rate: We can act for you on a traditional hourly rate basis. You only pay for the time used. We will give you an estimate of how long we expect any particular piece of work to take. For further details on the usual cost of unfair and wrongful dismissal claims, click here.

Fixed fees: We also have fixed-fee options for those who would like more certainty than the hourly rate option. By way of example, we offer fixed-fee options for: an initial general consultation on any subject, employment contract advice, assisting with grievance, disciplinary and performance procedures, and for help negotiating on your behalf in Acas Early Conciliation. We can also offer staged fixed-fees for claims to the Employment Tribunal in some cases. Get in touch with us at and we can send you our fixed-fee services menu.

Legal expenses insurance: This is often an add-on to home or car insurance policies and can cover your legal fees for bringing an employment claim up to a certain limit. There is also usually a helpline which you can use for help prior to a claim being brought. If you do reach the stage at which you are going to bring a claim, your insurer will often refer you to panel solicitor to start with. However, you are generally entitled to choose any solicitor you like to represent you in your claim and we would be happy to act for you under your insurance policy.

No-win-no-fee arrangement: In some cases, we may be able to you a no-win-no-fee arrangement. If we act for and you either settle or win your claim, we receive a percentage of any settlement or compensation money agreed or awarded to you. If your claim is not settled or lost, you don’t have to pay us for our time although you will still be responsible for any expenses (such as barrister’s or experts fees). This is not available in all cases as it depends on factors such as the merits and potential value of your claim.

Conditional Fee agreement (CFA): A CFA is an agreement where the amount you pay depends on the outcome of your case. If we act for you and you either settle or win your claim, we will charge a discounted hourly rate for work carried out, as well as a “success fee”. If you do not settle or if you lose your case, you pay for our work on the discounted hourly rate only.

CrowdJustice: Crowd Justice is an online fundraising platform specifically designed for legal cases. Go to to have a look at setting up your own funding page. Other crowd funding platforms may work for you such as GoFundMe, Just Giving and Buzzbnk.

Legal Aid: Legal aid is now only available for discrimination claims and is subject to means testing. Unfortunately we are not able to undertake legal aid work. You can get more information at

Trade union representation: If you are a member of a union, you may be entitled to free legal advice and representation, depending on the nature of your problem. Speak to your union rep to find out if any funding is available for you.

Third party funding: It may be possible to use a professional third party funder to fund your claim although this is probably only likely for high value claims.

Get in touch with us

Our purpose is to offer more choice, more certainty, and an effortless client experience. You are welcome to get in touch with us for a chat about how we can help you.

Get in touch with us

Our purpose is to offer more choice, more certainty, and an effortless client experience. You are welcome to get in touch with us for a chat about how we can help you.
Call us
Based on the Cambridgeshire/Norfolk border, Vine Law is a modern law firm. We believe that the law is a tool that everyone should be able to access and use to protect themselves, their families, and their businesses.

More about us
Cath Collins is the accredited Lifetime Lawyer at Vine Law

Our Expertise

Useful Links

Get in touch

Wisbech Address
6 South Brink
PE13 1JA
Ely Address
32 St Mary’s Street